cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 Parametric - Moving Parts Realistically

ptc-4339335
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Parametric - Moving Parts Realistically

For the past month, I have been trying to find out this feature in Creo Parametric.

This feature does not allow parts to intersect and causes other parts in the assembly to move with their constraints. I've attempted to find this feature on Creo Help, PTC Community, and even Youtube.

I have seen this feature in Creo Wildfire. How do you access it in Creo Parametric?

I have a feeling that the feature is hidden in plain sight, or I am not thinking.

Thanks if you know what I'm talking about!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

There is a "Drag Components" button in assemblies and again in Mechanism. The "realistically" part of your question is vague. Dragging components can move things into a locked position that cases an error.

Secondly, you can change relation to change a specific component and let the relations drive the rest. It has been done with Trail files.

But ultimately, the best way to demonstrate motion is to apply mechanism with a motor. Now you can easily see what is going on and if you have conflicting contraints, it will not resolve and you have to alter some parameters.

Maybe expand on your question a bit.

I am having a similar situation, what I would like to do is be able to drag a part in an assembly (slider connection) left to right and have an opposite handed part move right to left the same distance have tried a relation but I may not be preforming this correctly or it simply does not like relations between slider connection. I am familiar with dragging components and animations. I'm not looking for a simulation I need to be able to manipulate this connection as if it were real in the real world. simply put drag one part one way have the other part move the opposite way the same distance. I am presently running Creo Parametric 3.0, any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Scott A.

Top Tags