cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 2.0 Simulate Lite Analysis - 'Cannot find engine output file'

mmisson
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Simulate Lite Analysis - 'Cannot find engine output file'

Hello community,

I was super optimistic after getting some valid-looking stress results after applying some load to a platform I'm trying to evaluate (Using Creo 2.0 Simulate Lite - Student License, and went through Process Guide, setting Materials, Constraints, Loads, running Analysis & viewed Results) and wanted to revisit it and repeat the whole structure-evaluating process with some more parts added to the assembly and to sort of play with it a while longer with different constraints and loads, aiming to make the results more realistic.

But it now appears that the Analysis isn't running properly anymore (getting warnings regarding tolerances & point loads stress concentrations meanwhile, but this shouldn't be too concerning at this point). After being able to click & check out Results, the Results window pops up only to give me the following error: ' Cannot find engine output file ",\MyAnalysis\MyAnalysis\MyAnalysis.neu".' - which is to no surprise, since there are no .neu files anywhere. The additional MyAnalysis folders seem to have accumulated when i was unintentionally selecting them as Working Directories in my previous sessions.

Am I able to tell Creo Simulate Lite Analysis not to look for an engine output file and rather make a new one? Or should I be looking for a cleaner approach and completely reset the Analysis process, wiping all of the pre-stored Process Guide data?

I didn't find similar issues online & 've been trying to resolve it myself and was able to get some information regarding the topic though. It appears that my recent, messy activities (including even deleting and restoring MyAnalysis directories) were perhaps stored in Process Guide sessions along with the model and they're brought up every time - which, just guessing, might explain why I'm getting the same error even while trying to run the Analysis in different directories with fresh, new assemblies (with same parts though). Also tried deleting MyAnalysis folders hoping it would create or find the engine output file. Didn't work.

Am I able to purge this model-attached activity data of recent Process Guide sessions? Would this even resolve the error mentioned above?

Any tips or clarifying info will be appreciated!
Thanks, Martin

1 REPLY 1
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mmisson)

Hi Martin,

Please submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

Top Tags