cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 3.0 M030 Startup

svillafuerte
6-Contributor

Creo 3.0 M030 Startup

All,

I was able in previous versions to have Creo load with all the datum planes, axis, points, cs, etc turned OFF and the users have to turn them on if they want to see them (this is how my users prefer their setup). I believe I controlled this with the config setings for each set to NO (i.e. display_planes NO, display_axes NO, etc.). Now in Creo 3.0 M030 (also in M020) if those are set to NO, then they do as they did previously with them turned off, but now i am UNABLE to turn them ON at all (the icons in the tab and icon bar on the screen are grayed out and I cannot do anything with them until I change those setting back to YES but then it loads them to be ON when I start my Creo session.

I think I have played enough with those config settings, verified my current session config has the right settings, compared both my config.pro and config.sup to make sure they are not fighting each other. Maybe this is just something nobody else uses. Maybe it is a bug. Maybe it is a known change that was meant to mess with me in this version. Either way I am getting frustrated trying everything I can think of, so if anyone knows any information on this and how to get it to behave as it did in previous versions (and I still have Creo 2.0 M090 loaded where it is working as it should) I would appreciate the info and guidance.

I am putting this out here as another test to see if I should go to PTC Support first or if the community is as quick as they are on the other email exploder (which is to become this community soon).

Thanks,

Shane Villafuerte

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:svillafuerte)

Make sure you didn't put the datum display options in the config.sup. That makes changes on the user side impossible and IIRC will gray out the icons as you said.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Make sure you didn't put the datum display options in the config.sup. That makes changes on the user side impossible and IIRC will gray out the icons as you said.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

And welcome over to the dark side!!

It used to be that turning off the display of these items in config.sup prevented users from turning them on in config.pro, but still allowed the users to change them from the User Interface. PTC changed that recently so that config.sup prevents users from changing them at all.

This change is consistent with the way the config.sup should control things but it is an unexpected change from the previous decade or more to the way these particular settings worked.

I new the community wouldn't let me down. The problem was exactly that I had these settings in my .sup file and once I moved them to the .pro config file all is well again. This will make me look through other setting to be sure they are in the correct config file now with this "user" metality of having things work the way they used too. I figured it would be something this simple, just the fact that my mind was not working this way to try that small change.

Thanks again to the community.

Top Tags