cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 3.0 and family table parts.

dpillow
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 and family table parts.

We have hundreds of made up parts for fasteners, plumbing etc., that are family tables (nipple/1-4_npt_blk/5_in layout format). Just upgraded to 3.0 and search directory is correct but it is not finding parts(not sure if it is finding the upper level and just not the lower levels). Not only do I have to point to the correct part but open it and click down to the family table instance. This will be very unacceptable with 15 years of assembly models on our server. Any thoughts??

Don

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My own fault. When I changed the config.pro to 3.0 I had 2 of the sub directories mixed and it was not even finding the search file. And we do not have windchill bur are in the process of acquiring software

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Don,

Try setting config.pro option "instance_search_exhaustive" to "yes". If an instance index (.idx) file exists, move it out of the directory (instead of deleting it) so it is not found by Creo. Then try retrieving the top-level assembly.

If this is unsuccessful, revert the option and move the .idx file back to its original location.

Let us know the result.

config was set to no so I changed it along with correcting the search file location problem. Thanks

llie
16-Pearl
(To:dpillow)

Are you not using Windchill?

My own fault. When I changed the config.pro to 3.0 I had 2 of the sub directories mixed and it was not even finding the search file. And we do not have windchill bur are in the process of acquiring software

Top Tags