cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 3 drawing - strange updating parameter value in table

PavelKajnar
1-Newbie

Creo 3 drawing - strange updating parameter value in table

Hello,

in Creo 3 drawing I very don't like the way how to edit parameter value in table cell. If parametr has already some value then by doubleclick and writing some text the parametr from table cell is deleted and in cell is now just pure text. To edit the parametr properly it's necessary to click once and then use doubleclik or rmb and edit value.

Don't you know is it intention or some bug? Or doesn't exist some config option for modifying this behaviour? (Till now I've found nothing).

If cell is empty then by doubleclick and writing the text this text is put into parameter value properly (as in Creo 2).

Thanks for your opinions!

Pavel Kajnar

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
15 REPLIES 15

Pavel,

according to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS187988 and https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS195114

the change in table cell editing procedure is related to implementation of new UI for drawing notes.

If table cell contains &mypar callout, then you have to always 1.] select table cell and 2.] doubleclick table cell contents to be able to edit mypar value.

Alternative: Select the table cell, click right mouse button > Edit Value.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

thank you for your answer. So if I understand properly, it's already being solved as SPR2252638 regarding to your urls.

Thank you.

Pavel

Pavel,

SPR 2837193 / 2252638 detail page is not available, therefore I can't check its status. But ... I think that it has been closed because editing of table cells works as designed. This means current behaviour is correct and PTC will not change it.

I can open Case at PTC Support if you want -OR- I can Create a product idea to request to restore Creo 2.0 functionality.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

thank you. In Document details of CS195114 there is written:

Reported to R&D as SPR 2252638

• Workaround:
    • Select the table cell, double click on the cell, then input box will be returned to prompt user to enter the value for this parameter
    • Select the table cell, click right mouse key > Edit Value

From Wikipedia: A workaround is a bypass of a recognized problem in a system.

So I thought PTC takes it as an error.

Please if it would be possible to open Case or make a product idea to restore Creo 2.0 functionality (maybe possible to be enabled by some config option) it would be great.

Thank you and have nice day.

Pavel

Pavel,

SPR 2837193 / 2252638 is still opened. Support engineer assigned to my Case is waiting for a feedback from R&D. Unfortunatelly it is difficult to guess when R&D will respond...

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

thank you very much. We will see how and when PTC will deal with that.

Pavel

Pavel,

I am publishing last email I received on 29-Feb-2016:

To update regarding the SPR 2837193, R&D planning to add some new selection filters to select callouts directly,

But that fix still in progress, as they did not schedule yet when that could be implemented,

I'll keep in touch with you, if I got any information about the version where will be fixed or the delivery date

It seems to me that PTC R&D is not planning to return Creo Parametric 2.0 behaviour into Creo Parametric 3.0. Instead of it they are going to implement workaround - they add additional filtering functionality.

I give up ...

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

thank you very much for your effort and the information. We will see with what they will come maybe sometimes in future.

Have a nice weekend .

Pavel

Same thing only different? I want to be able to get to the syntax to fix it. Some things I do occasionally strip the & from the front or I need the drawing to update(delete) the (:number) version/drawing number at the end. I accidently got it, but don't have a clue how to repeat?

Seems like the Creo 3 answer is to click, wait, then double click.Just a double-click seems like a request to replace the contents; click to select the cell then double click to change the parameter the cell links to.

I think I have it  "left click (wait) left click" then fix the syntax to display my parameter!

They actually changed functionality to make something more cumbersome in Pro-E/Wildfire/Creo drawing mode? Say it ain't so!

Once again the ugly accusation that "they don't actually use their software in the real world when deciding on changes" rears it's ugly head.

It's a coin flip on this one - about half the time I want to change the value of a referenced parameter, and the other half to change the cell contents.

What's annoying is that the behavior changed. I can get used to either one, but alternating the behavior without reasonable notice is just irritating.

IME it's more like a 100 sided coin where one side is 'change table cell properties' and the rest of the time it's "I'VE TOLD YOU OVER AND OVER STOP OVERWRITING THE PARAMETERS IN THE TITLE BLOCK! GAH!"

You're right about the behavior change being annoying. It's not like the previous method was onerous; Single click table cell > RMB > Properties to change the cell contents has been around since forever.

Less patient user could overwrite a parameter with plain text without noticing anything? Careless to what type of edit window pops up!

Anyone from PTC cares to elaborate on this one please?

Top Tags