cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 3 'open' Solidworks file functionality

A.DelNegro
4-Participant

Creo 3 'open' Solidworks file functionality

I just saw the video showing the ability to open a Solidworks file and even use it in an assembly without actually importing it.

Is anyone using this functionality yet? I’m curious how effective/functional it is.

Tony

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I’m tasked with finding this out, also.

One question that was asked is whether it’s a featured model or just a dumb solid. I assume dumb solid, but would rather verify.

I have played a bit with this but nothing extensive.

1. You can read SolidWorks into Creo 3. It does come in as a dumb solid.

2. Collaboration does not work until M030. If you want ATB so you can apply updated models you have to buy a module for this.

I have not gone much further on this.

Ronald B. Grabau
HP PDE-IT
Roseville, CA
916-540-3074
-<">mailto:->

Also, there is a "release" lag. With Creo 3.0 M010 you can open SolidWorks 2013 files, not SolidWorks 2014.

Top Tags