cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 5: Getting the dynamic moving option when adding new part like creo 2

ptc-4971483
1-Newbie

Creo 5: Getting the dynamic moving option when adding new part like creo 2

Hey everyone,

Back when I used Creo 2, in assembly mode when I added a new part I had what I call this dynamic moving option where I could drag the part where ever I want and it showed me the cage etc... (see attached photo)

I am now using Creo 5 and my assembly mode doesn't have this feature available to me.

Is there a way to turn this on? Or is this feature not in creo 5??

THANKS!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

HI,

the 3D dragger has been included from creo parametric 1.0 onwards.

actually i find it much easier in creo elements 5.0..you just have to press Ctrl+Alt+RMB to move a component and Ctrl+Alt+MMB(scroll) to rotate a component.

No, this isn't want I can't figure out. Please look at the picture I attached. Then you'll understand what i mean.

Its the caged-sphere type thing I'm trying to get back. It shows up in my Creo 2 right after I add a new part to the assembly, during the phase where you are placeing it. It allows you to simply click and move by clicking one of the cage-circles or allows you to easily translate the entire part by clicking and dragging the center sphere located inside the cage.

i have ssen the screen shot...yes i am talking abt that caged-sphere type thing only...it is not there in creo 5..creo 5 is an older version...too move a component in creo 5.0 you have to use what i have told previously.

Top Tags