cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Family Tables?

ptc-4940046
1-Newbie

Creo Family Tables?

Why is it some of my assemblies don't show up in my family table instance, though I added it to the table and checked it with a Y. I have regenerated and checked for any errors in my assemblies.. there are none.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Diane,

I guess that "missing" assembly is dependent on "item", which is suppressed in FT instance.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-4940046)

Just to expand on Martin answer (which is fully correct) :

1. while adding Y or N instruction for certain feature to a table, you implicitely command to [silently resume parents for features with Y instruction] and [silently suppress children of the feature with N instruction]. This is to avoid immediate regeneration failure.

2. if you have a conflicting instructions in family table of a kind "suppress parent of A" and "resume child of A (or resume A itself)" the "winning" instruction will always be Suppress instruction - "suppress parent of A", which eventually will suppress A along with its parent.

Thank you for your response, but I am still confussed.

Is this a situation where if I have several assemblies in a master assy that are the same part number, they will follow a suppress command since the previous row had them turned off? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of family tables. Ordinarily, I would use simplified reps, but our employer doesn't permit us to use them. I am really very stuck. Any other suggestions?

vzak
6-Contributor

Well, let me clarify. there is no difference between same or different part numbers. What matters is if componets placement depend one on another.

So say you have two components A.PRT in same assembly. Second A.PRT is placed using geometry of first A.PRT. You add both of them to family table as a component members. Select to Suppress (Y) the first, and Resume (Y) the second.

because the above explanation and components parent-child dependency second A.PRT will also get suppressed.

if you want them to react independently to Y / N instructions you need to ensure that their placement in assembly is independent of each other - directly and indirectly, I think this fits common sense as well.

Hi.. thanks for the help,

I am not suppressing anything. And My individual assemblies are individually tied to the master assembly Datums and not each other. Any Ideas?

vzak
6-Contributor

hmm ... this is less clear then, at least not easy to say without seing the models. Probably contacting TS to have a look at the design ?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:vzak)

Is this in the part or in the BOM?

Next Question... How do I delete the table instances if I want to start over?

I have 10 assemblies that I have added to a master assembly. All attached through datums.

Is it possible Diane you have a disabled/extra constraint that you may have used to set your asm. datum constraints that creates a dependancy? Trys suspressing manually in your generic model to see what might be linked.

I will try.. thanks Steve.

Top Tags