cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Notebooks - Import/Declare only a few parameters

HamsterNL
18-Opal

Creo Notebooks - Import/Declare only a few parameters

A question for those who are using Creo Notebook.

We currently use EXECUTE statements to push parameters from our main assembly to the lowest level.

For reference, we have 1200+ parameters which drive our main assembly.

I am looking into Creo Notebooks to replace the EXECUTE statements in our assemblies.

So far, I have created a Notebook, added some parameters, and "imported" those parameters by "Declaring" a link between my part/assembly and my Notebook.

But when I declare, I get all my parameters (1200+), whereas I am only interrested in a few parameters.

How do I "import" only a few parameters when I declare a link to a Notebook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:HamsterNL)

@HamsterNL wrote:

Pretty sure this is not possible (at least it didn't use to be.)  This is the exact reason we stopped using these.  All of the parameters that we want to be different (material, description, designer, etc.) get overwritten by the notebook model.  (Leaving these parameters out of the notebook model doesn't work since they're all linked to Windchill.)  It would be really nice if only the selected parameters could be declared, or if parameters could be added to a copy geom feature.  Unfortunately the only other way is to manually link them with relations, but this comes with it's own set of challenges.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:HamsterNL)

@HamsterNL wrote:

Pretty sure this is not possible (at least it didn't use to be.)  This is the exact reason we stopped using these.  All of the parameters that we want to be different (material, description, designer, etc.) get overwritten by the notebook model.  (Leaving these parameters out of the notebook model doesn't work since they're all linked to Windchill.)  It would be really nice if only the selected parameters could be declared, or if parameters could be added to a copy geom feature.  Unfortunately the only other way is to manually link them with relations, but this comes with it's own set of challenges.

Hi @TomU, thanks for chipping in!

There's so little information on Creo Notebook...even the Creo Online Helpfile doesn't help me much.

Being able to publish parameters with "Copy/Publish Geometry" would be awesome...sadly we can't do that.

Pushing 1200+ parameters to a part which only uses 3 is just silly...

I have opened a case at PTC. I will post here when I get an answer.

Another option is to declare a Notebook to another Notebook, but it looks like that Creo is the "wrong way around":

Declare Notebook.PNG

And the PTC employee assigned to my case is out of the office till the 24th, so I will need to wait a few days before they can give me an update...

To be continued!

I have had a response from PTC:

I also asked R&D and they confirmed that Notebook is not designed currently to do what you want with it. 

Furthermore you can at any time create a new product idea in order to request to enhance this  functionality in a future Creo version

So sadly this is not possible at this moment.

I have created a product idea so you all can vote!

Top Tags