cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Relations in a Assembly- "Sum" function of all parameters with a specific "Name"

bwudtke
10-Marble

Creo Relations in a Assembly- "Sum" function of all parameters with a specific "Name"

Hi All,

Similar to how i can do a sum function in excel, I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to do so in creo relations.  Specifically I have a assembly with multiple parts in it for a hose routing with end fittings.  What I am looking to do is the following below:

LENGTH=

SUM   (

FIND PARAMETERS IN CURRENT AND ALL SUB FEATURES(ALL PARAMETERS IN ALL MODELS WITHIN ASSEMBLY) NAMED: "LENGTH_CENTER"

)

END

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Good question - that would be an excellent enhancement request.  I can't think of a way to do that aside from hard coding a relation to sum up the parameters in each model.

OR - maybe... using Pro/REPORT on a drawing table to summarize that based on parameter values????

But I am going to assume your intent is to have them in the Assembly Model as a parameter - for later use in PLM/ERP.

If you are looking to automate that to update all assembly models to include that relation (that have that condition)... standardized parameters in your models would be a prerequisite.  You could use CREOSON to simply get the assembly model's relations and append the standardized relationship to the end and save the updated relations back .. then regenerate.

That would be a simple thing to update assemblies that require that relation - but these would have to be dependent on the component references in the assembly.

UPDATE: -- A "User Prog" *might* be an option... but it looks pretty complicated, requires C Programming Skills, and there is NOT a lot of documentation on how to use this properly or what you can do with it on PTC's site that I can find.

Dave

Hi David.  

Your presumption is correct.  The intent is to use the parameter summation as a attribute for the WT part.  I.E. We purchase all of our hose assemblies  with fittings on the end.  Currently working on a standard process for users to get this length without manually creating  the relation in the assembly model.  In this we are also creating library components and UDFs so that users can add the required parameters to the fitting models.  

As far as the Hose goes....  We use Creo Piping (Currently- User Driven method).  I didn't ask about it , but to look at this a different way instead of programming, maybe Creo Piping can create this  length with Spec Driven method?  

I appreciate all the discussion with the programming though, I figured there should be a way but I am not very well versed in it.. Maybe I could take a look at the Creoson.

You can get this information (summation) with a Drawing Table.

Here's an example in the Creo Help

Top Tags