cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Windows Won't Switch

gbarnett
1-Newbie

Creo Windows Won't Switch

Using Creo 2.0

I have an assembly and drawing open but I can not get my windows to switch between the two. The assembly was opened first, then the drawing. The assembly window will now never come on top of the drawing window. I am using dual monitors, and can have one on each screen, but if I put them on the same screen, the assebly will never come forward. When the assembly is selected from the window switch icon, it activates, but will not come forward. I have tried switching using the switch windows icon as well as the toolbar on the bottom. Any ideas as to what may be causeing this? Is it Creo related or computer graphics related?

Thanks for any insight.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forum, Graham.

The only way you can switch the active window in Creo is the button within Creo.

There is a lot of Windows emulation going on with the active window thing in all pro|E stuff.

Let us know if this button fixes the issue:

activate.png

The issue is that when one window is behind the other, the one in the back wont come to the front. I am using the Switch Windows button, which will activete the window, but for some reason wont bring it forward.

Capture.PNG

I would open a support case to get a more definitive answer from PTC. I would suggest this is a driver issue. It may even be a problem with enhancement software that your graphics card OEM has provided. I remember something of a "priority" application I received with mine. These "enhancements" should always be disabled to track down any odd behavior.

I am not sure if there are limitations to dual screens. That would seem odd as it is a fairly common scenario for CAD people.

I'm in WF4 now, not Creo 2, but in it (and older versions) if you right click on the top of the window, in the menu that comes up is a "lower" command that will push that window down in the stack of windows.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags