cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo exploded view

sunny_c
6-Contributor

Creo exploded view

Hello,

I use the auto exploded in Creo to explode my assembly. However, the result is very weird like the photo attached. Does anyone know the reason? In addition, what is the principle of  the auto exploded in Creo?

(I guess maybe it relies on the relation between the parts,but I am not sure... )

Thank you for your help!

exploded.PNGexploded_front_view.PNGorigin.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:sunny_c)

Auto-exploding, in my experience, has never given me something I can use. It seems to apply a "distance" type of effect to any coincident constraints, and do a bunch of other strange things to other types of constraints. What I learned from countless attempts was to NOT use the auto-explode as a starting point for what I want. I instead create a new exploded state and manually move the components.

The biggest time-saver for me is to turn on/off the move option that is something like "move dependent" or "move children" so the bits you have constrained to a main component go along with that part when you move it. Other than that, it's a really tedious thing to get exploded assemblies exactly the way I want them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:sunny_c)

Auto-exploding, in my experience, has never given me something I can use. It seems to apply a "distance" type of effect to any coincident constraints, and do a bunch of other strange things to other types of constraints. What I learned from countless attempts was to NOT use the auto-explode as a starting point for what I want. I instead create a new exploded state and manually move the components.

The biggest time-saver for me is to turn on/off the move option that is something like "move dependent" or "move children" so the bits you have constrained to a main component go along with that part when you move it. Other than that, it's a really tedious thing to get exploded assemblies exactly the way I want them.

Top Tags