cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Customer controlled models/drawings: Is there any work around for keeping parameters, bend allowances, & instances added prior to receiving updated backup files from a customer?

taldrich
1-Newbie

Customer controlled models/drawings: Is there any work around for keeping parameters, bend allowances, & instances added prior to receiving updated backup files from a customer?

Customer controlled models/drawings: My company will be utilizing our customer’s models but need to add parameters, bend allowances and instances for sheet metal flats to create internal drawings.  These models will have anywhere from 20-300 parts/assemblies files.  Unfortunately the customer doesn’t want to share our updated files.  So in the future whenever a change is made by the customer we will receive a backup of the full model without any of these previously added parameters, bend allowance & instances.  So this means each part/assembly changed will need to recreate parameters, bend allowances, & instances for each part/assembly.  We do not use Windchill for this program.

Is there any work around anyone has come up with for keeping these parameters, bend allowances, & instances when receiving updated backup files from a customer?

3 REPLIES 3

You may be able to use Inheritance models where your model, with all the additions, inherit their models as a basis. I don't know how well that works with sheetmetal, but it seems like it should.

I had tried the below example;

example.prt.12 had been saved with parameters, and an updated bend allowance.  The original example.prt.1 (received from a backup from my customer) was then renamed in windows explorer as example.prt.13 and then opened with the .12 in the same directory.  When I opened the .13 the bend allowance and parameters were non existent.

Can you give me an example of how an inheritance model would work. 

If you have the license to use it; Creo Parametric Help Center About Inheritance Features

Top Tags