cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Customization of Holes/Csink options

Spencer_Brock
10-Marble

Customization of Holes/Csink options

I have 2 main questions about customization of Holes in IFX:

1) In the hole section is there a way to preselect the hole chart you want in the .dat file? (similar to CBSR and cbnut but for thread series)...for example, IFX gives me no way to choose between UNC or UNJC. The SCR_THREAD_SERIES_THREAD option is one size fits all as far as I can tell.

2) If I have a fastener with a non standart countersink (i.e. 100 degree csunk head that uses UNF thread), what is the best way to get around this...Will I be able to use my UNF hole chart and create a separate chart that will only be used for CSINKDIAM and CSINKANGLE?

It would be really nice if IFX hole creation resembled the CREO hole feature (or atleast incorporated its flexibilty).

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you use a FAMPRT dat file, then you have to add a parameter W1 to your generic part. Then it should work.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Question 1:

There is no way to control this. 

You only can use different values for P to get a different hole chart.

DG and P are the two relevant values for getting the hole chart.

So if you have for example the same diameter M10x1.5 you can use P=1.50001 for the one screw and P=1.50002 for the other screw.

Quetion 2:

You can use the column W1 in your *.dat file to control the angle of the countersink.

IFX is not a hole creation feature. It will blow up the IFX dialog to show all functionality of the full hole creation feature.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks Oliver. How do I format the W1 column in the .dat file (is this column referenced anywhere in the help text)? I have attached my dat file with the added column but it doesn't appear to have had an effect: Capture.PNG

Suggestion: In future updates, it would be great to be able to use something other than the P value to differentiate between similar hole charts, as modifying the TPI in the hole charts causes the callouts to show up incorrectly in the engineering drawings. 

If you use a FAMPRT dat file, then you have to add a parameter W1 to your generic part. Then it should work.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks! That works perfectly

Top Tags