cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Dimension symbols palette

mholst
7-Bedrock

Dimension symbols palette

Can anyone help me identify the path to the file containing the symbols for dimensioning?

I recently got a new pc and therefor reinstalled Creo4.0 M030.

On my old pc the symbol palette looked like this:

OldOld

On the new pc it looks like this:

NewNew

As you can see I now have other symbols in the palette but also especially the diameter symbol "Ø" is significantly different and it stays different when I print the drawing as a PDF.

I have searched through config.pro and other .pro and .dtl files but I cannot find the location of these symbols.

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:mholst)

@mholst 

I think earlier you were using drawing option symbol_font as legacy in drawings and in new it is asme. 

If you will change the symbol_font drawing option in drawing to legacy, you will get old symbols. 

I can find the symbol_iso.ttf and symbol_asme.ttf (font file) in my Creo directory but where do I make Creo use one or the other?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In your *.dtl file:

default_annotation_font <font_name>

My config.pro file has the 'drawing_setup_file' pointing to my detail.dtl and in here the line 'default_font' only says 'isofont'

My config.pro also has a line called 'format_setup_file' where it points at my iso.dtl file in which the line 'default_annotation_font ' only says font.ndx

However both of these are the same as it was in my previous installation.

I ran a search throug my hdd for all creo related .dtl files and used Notepad++ to compare ALL '.dtl' files to my previous. That lead to a lot of changes in the files to make my setup equal to my previous but nowhere was there a difference in the fonts used...

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

symbol_font is drawing option.. set it as legacy in respective .dtl file. 

EMetz
3-Visitor

I am on the same task, to see if I can add to whatever file drives this pallet, and I have also noted changes to these symbols among Creo versions. So far, no one has come close to answering the open questions. I have a couple feelers out and will report here if I find anything. 

Top Tags