cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Disappearing parts in CREO Elements 4.0/laptop capabilities?

ptc-4561143
1-Newbie

Disappearing parts in CREO Elements 4.0/laptop capabilities?

I have the free version of Creo Elements 4.0 installed on my laptop. When I try to sketch a part it dissapears from view as soon as my mouse is moved away from it. Once the part is extruded you can only view it if you click where you think it is and then in disappears again. This makes it impossible to work with. Is this to do with my laptop and is there a way around the problem?

My laptop is a 2008 Dell Inspirion with an Intel Celeron dual core processor and 2 gig of RAM. I would be amazed if it had a separate graphics cardbut I can't see what it has. Is this a case of buying a new PC/laptop or altering a setting in CREO, not looking at making huge assemblies at the moment?

Thanks for any help

Steven

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A descent graphics card makes all the difference. It is expensive to get a laptop that will run PROE efficiently. Your best bet is to customize your own desktop. I did this many years ago for around $450. I put a NVIDIA graphics card in it & runs great.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A descent graphics card makes all the difference. It is expensive to get a laptop that will run PROE efficiently. Your best bet is to customize your own desktop. I did this many years ago for around $450. I put a NVIDIA graphics card in it & runs great.

Steven,

you cold try

graphics win32_gdi or

use_software_opengl yes

in your config.pro

Also you could try

sketcher_refit_after_dim_modify no

Reinhard

Hi Steven...

I think the concensus is that this is DEFINITELY a graphics card issue. We've seen this before from other users and the remedies posted here are the usual fixes:

• Replace the graphics card (use one supported for Creo Elements Pro)

Or... if that's not an option...

• Try toggling settings in your config.pro file as Reinhard suggested

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags