cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Display the mass property of a part (or an assembly)

oflou
1-Newbie

Display the mass property of a part (or an assembly)

Hello all,

Is it possible to display the mass property of a part (or an assembly) always on a screen ??

In the same time, is it possible to display a personalisated note ??

Thx

Olivier

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:oflou)

Hi Oliver

I think it should be possible with an annotation placed flat to screen so you could do that for your part. If you want to do it programatically you need the Toolkit for 3D drawing extended license I think.

What do you mean with a personalisated note? So sure it's possible to create and show as many annotations as you want.

Br,

Eike

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

We normally only do this for parts but I'm sure it can be used for assemblies too.

You need to add a Mass Analysis feature and you need to name it.

The name could be anything but don't use any special characters or spaces (Although not sure about spaces). I.e.: MODEL_MASS

Move it to the Footer.

On the Annotate tab you add a note and you can attach it to the model.

In the Text box type "&MASS:FID_<ANALYSIS_NAME>. I.e.: &MASS:FID_MODEL_MASS

After clicking somewhere else the FID_MODEL_MASS will change into the actual feature ID. I.e.: &MASS:FID_1219

Then just place the note.

In past versions of Pro/E the text would always stay flat to the screen. We added a note to one of our start parts so it's always there when they create a new part model. In Creo 2 it does not stay flat to the screen.

Does anyone know if that can be changed?

oflou
1-Newbie
(To:STEVEG)

Hi Eike and Steve,

Thanks for your answers ...

Steve, your method is running very well ... the mass is displaying without problem on my drawing ... but this information doesn't appear on the 3D model ... have you a solution ?? (all notes aren't hide, or suppressed)

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Are the layers off? I can't really think of anything else since the text displays as the default.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I see what you mean. Normally when we place it there is already a feature and we attach it to the feature.

I tried attaching the note to a datum but couldn't figure it out so I suggest for now to create a feature unless someone knows how to attach to a datum.

Then on the keyboard press Ctrl+F for the Search Tool dialog box.

Change the Look for to Note. The Rule should be Name and the Value should be a star for a wildcard search.

Select the Find Now button.

It should find it. Select it in the left side and use the arrow button to move it to the right side then close it.

Don't select anything. All you need to do is right-click in the blue area and select Properties.

Select the Place button.

Leave the options With Leader and Standard. At least for now. Select Done.

Keep the next option on On Entity (typically an edge) or change to On Surface and pick something.

Select the Done button. Once you do your pointer will change. This is when you place where the text should go.

Pick OK again.

oflou
1-Newbie
(To:STEVEG)

Hi Steve,

I followed your instructions but the note appears only in the drawing and not in the 3D model.

I want to see this note near the 3D model for if i change the material (or if i add some features) the note gives me the new weight.

Otherwise, is it possible to see the Model mass in the model tree (maybe in adding a column)

Thx

Top Tags