cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing: Insert Weld Note

Highlighted

Drawing: Insert Weld Note

Good morning everyone,

In the past I was able to insert a weld note on an edge that did not have welding information associated with it in the model. I cannot for the life of me figure out where it went. I also tried using the help libraby but did not find what I was looking for. We are using WF 4.0. In short, I want to point to an edge between two parts in an assembly and indicate that I want a fillet weld on the arrow side and the other side of that edge. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Drawing: Insert Weld Note

The only way I've seen how to do it is staggered. It then puts the fillet symbols staggered on both sides of the line. I also am looking for a way to do a non-staggered fillet weld. In the grouping tab for the symbol it will not let you select arrow side and other side together.

Highlighted

Re: Drawing: Insert Weld Note

IIRC, that's simply not part of the standard weld symbol library. I had to modify the filet weld symbol to get this layout. Not fun thanks to the cludgy symbol creation interface.

(I'd share it, but this was done at a previous company and I didn't keep a copy. I think. I'll double check.)

(ETA: Nope, no copy saved.)

Announcements