cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawings and flat patterns

cenglish
3-Visitor

Drawings and flat patterns

I would like to have a single drawing with both the flat and formed part on it. The first thing I tried was creating a simplified rep with the flat suppressed. When I go into the drawing, View States, simplified rep is greyed out and I can't select my rep with the flat suppressed. Another thing is that my assemblies were built before the flat and simplified reps were added so my assemblies blow up.

What is the best way to do this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Flat patterns are always the last feature in a sheet metal part. I try to use unbend and bend back instead. If flattening forms is not required, I can use a bend back as a last feature and have a simplified rep for the flat part.

See here: Creo 2.0 Sheetmetal - Simplified Reps for flat pattern drawings

Don't overlook combination states. This is another way turn off features in drawings.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

After posting my question, I found the solution in this thread:

Creo 2.0 Sheetmetal - Simplified Reps for flat pattern drawings

Flat patterns are always the last feature in a sheet metal part. I try to use unbend and bend back instead. If flattening forms is not required, I can use a bend back as a last feature and have a simplified rep for the flat part.

See here: Creo 2.0 Sheetmetal - Simplified Reps for flat pattern drawings

Don't overlook combination states. This is another way turn off features in drawings.

Don't rely on the flat pattern version in the video. It works for Creo 2.0 but they seemed to have fixed it in Creo 3.0.

Funny thing is, if you created it in Creo 2.0, it will open with the bend back below the flat pattern feature, but you cannot do this in Creo 3.0.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Don´t scare me please... Is it really fixed in Creo 3.0? Bend back can´t be after flat pattern feater?

This method is our "company standard" method...

Using Creo 2.0 M120 and waiting for Creo 3.0 M040 ....

I was looking into this as well and as far as i can find, this is "fixed" in Creo 3.0. I was really disappointed as well.

dpruitt
4-Participant
(To:cenglish)

Create an instance and use that in your drawing by using "add model" After you create your flat you can create an instance by clicking on the drop down arrow next to it (just click through and use the defaults). The picture shows it greyed out because it is already done, The flat stays suprressed in the model. Much easier to use no bend/unbend or simplified reps. We always dedicate the last sheet for flat patterns, makes it easier to export as a .dxf to the programers.

Capture.PNG

Top Tags