Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Cross Sections

Dynamic Cross Sections

Is there a way in Pro/E to perform a dynamic cross section? i.e. When you are in an assembly say, and you want to drag the cross section window through the assembly. I am aware of "Clip" under Visibilities. Clip is not an acceptable way to do this, especially given that all the parts are red in the cross section. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Dynamic Cross Sections

Patrick, The only way I would think of doing something similar to what you need would be to create an Offset Datum, create the cross section on this datum, and then edit the dimension to where you can see it at different point of the assembly, and the x-section will follow. As far as actually dragging the datum such as it can be done in Mechanica, I would also be very interested in finding out how to do it if there is a way. Laura

"Patrick Strittmatter" wrote:

Is there a way in Pro/E to perform a dynamic cross section? i.e. When you are in an assembly say, and you want to drag the cross section window through the assembly. I am aware of "Clip" under Visibilities. Clip is not an acceptable way to do this, especially given that all the parts are red in the cross section. Thanks

eDrawings professional allows dynamic cross sections, and it is nice. i wish they would add it to pro/e also.

I see now that this functionality is in ProductView. It frustrates me to no end that it is still not built into the base version of Pro/E.

In WF5 you can dynamic edit the location of a section plane but only in part mode. Sure seems like it could be added to assembly mode.