cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ECAD 3D Models Library Build

ptc-5351858
1-Newbie

ECAD 3D Models Library Build

Greetings Team.

I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer currently wanting to build an ECAD 3D model library so that everytime we import IDF files into CREO Parametric, we get the true size and form of the electrical components instead of the grey blocks. I have been successful applying the concept in our current project and am hoping to continue after resolving a roadblock.

The challenge is that in complex boards with large qty. BOMs, having this level of detail bogs down even a high spec. workstation.

My current solution is to shrinkwrap the board assembly and use the resulting prt. file to replace the board in its higher assembly. This is detailed in the link below:

http://www.slideshare.net/pdtinnovation/proe-tip-004

I would like to request please for some alternative solutions, ideally file size and regeneration time reducing techniques and processes that can be applied to the part level (electrical component model, in this case) so that the solution automatically applies to the assembly.

Thank you.

Arie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags