cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFX 5.0 Profile Switch Issues

Highlighted
Participant

EFX 5.0 Profile Switch Issues

Has anyone else seen this using EFX 5.0: I built a frame using a heavy guage steel channel; C8 x 18.75. All members were locked to my sketch on the corners of the channel such that the top of the steel was flush with the sketch. (Hard to paint a mental picture). Later I changed the profile to C8 x 13.75. Every member on the frame jumped off the sketch by the amount of the center distance change in profile sizes. All of my steel is now approx. .07" off from where it was and cannot be realigned to the sketch. It would seem logical that since I chose the corner insert when placing the steel originally, that changing profiles would maintain the same references, but it apparently does not. This was meant as more of a warning to others than anything, unless someone else knows a way to fix this without rebuilding my frame from the ground up.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

RE: EFX 5.0 Profile Switch Issues

Hi Chris, there is a button in Profile->Move dialog box to update profile movements. If you press this button (last button of first button row) EFx should update positions Stefan
Announcements