cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

EFX - Using the Bend Curve

ptc-1877440
1-Newbie

EFX - Using the Bend Curve

I was trying to place a T-Slotted 1020 rail on a curve that is bent. I couldn't get it to work. was wondering if someone else was able to get this to work.

dia 27' (half circle)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12
bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-1877440)

586.gifsee the GIF below.

Make two points on the rail which are to be on curve for movement. Then use slot connection for both the points.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

thank you for your help. but it still did not work. Is there a config setting somewhere? I cannot get any profiles to follow the curve. (blue- video was great, thanks. (what program did you use to make your video)).

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Just use EFX Default config

bduncan
15-Moonstone

GIF

I got it to work for t-beams and i-beams. In the interface of EFX, I had to select the rotation. I had to set it to something other than zero. I could than go back and rotate it to the position I needed.

But it still does not work for the 8020.(any of these profiles).

Capture.JPG

Sorry i thought it was for mechanism. However, i guess u need to check the profile 8020 paramters first, ie they are well defined to generate automatically. I have faced this kind of issues for custom made beams.

I will check into this. thanks

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Is the result that you want?

that is the correct profile. did you notice the bend curve option was grayed out. That is what I need. I need that profile on the bend curve optoin. It looks like your are having the same problem as I.

bduncan
15-Moonstone

It's seems that the options you need non-existent

That seems to be the case, but I'm Not sure why though.

Top Tags