cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Edges disappear in drawing

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Edges disappear in drawing

I have a drawing of an assembly where some parts intersect eachother. The instersecting part looses its edges in the drawing as Creo thinks the whole part is "inside", ie hidden, see the attached image. I have the part on the left in a pattern around an axis. For the first part it is visible, but then disappears at some of it intersects the main part. If I show hidden, then I see everything, but then of courese all those that actually are hidden. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

This has been true with Pro/E. Intersecting parts do not generate edges, but it does get confused as to what to show in drawings. Typically this gets to be an issue with screws in holed that have interference by design. This typically becomes problematic in section view and 3D orientations. Erasing lines or generating lines in drawing sketch mode is typically required.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ErikClacey)

Interferences cause all kinds of issues in drawing mode for views that are set to "hidden" or "no hidden". See CS33139 and TPI 31829 for more info. (Screenshots below.)

a.PNG

b.PNG

Top Tags