cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Editing Reserved Parameters

ptc-4968147
1-Newbie

Editing Reserved Parameters

Hello all,

I am trying to edit the parameter PTC_MATERIAL_NAME without file>prepare>model properties and then clicking material and selecting from a list.

There must be an easy way to simply create and assign that parameter from the edit parameter dialogue box, but I keep getting a reserved property dialogue box when I try to create it.

The drive behind this is to make a macro that will take a list of parts and their respective materials and calculate the entire mass of an assembly and its components and ouput it as a list.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Gregory and welcome to the forum.

I suspect you have to edit these in the material properties of each component. You might be able to automate that but in general, yes, these are protected parameters.

However, you could add your own parameters and pull those to "overwrite" the Creo internal ones. It just seems you would be re-inventing the wheel.

I am certain someone will have other recommendations regarding ways of doing this.

This is very useful, the only problem is that some of the parts in my assembly have different units for density.
Is there a way to display the units in the model tree? If not is there a way to change the units throughout an entire assembly?

Thanks

Top Tags