cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Request

Highlighted
Participant

Enhancement Request

I'm going to submit this as an enhancement request to PTC, but I know there are people here who know people who know people etc... so I'll post it here too. Can't hurt.

In Pro Piping, Spec Driven... there are times when it is necessary to place two or more fittings"port to port". This usually works just fine if you have your fittings set up properly. The trouble is that once you use the "port to port" option, you cannot use the outlet of and of these fittings (branches, flanges etc) as a "set start" for a new pipe segment or pipeline. Pro Piping simply does not accept the outlet port of any fitting assembled in this fashion as a legitimate start port for a new pipeline. This is simply unacceptable. I've included an example. In this pic, the flange was originally assembled to the weldolet "port to port". When attempting to start the new line off that flange, I could not pick PORT0 as a set start. As soon as I reworked the assembly so that the flange was put to the "Endpoint", and modified the length of the segment to close the gap between the flange and olet fitting... I could grab the Port. This is a rather backward way to do this.

Anyway,... like I said I'm posting this as an Enhacement on PTC... just wanted to share in case anyone who sees this knowssomeone who can help.

Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Announcements