cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Exact and complete instructions to place both formed and flat sheet metal views in one drawing

designerauto
1-Newbie

Exact and complete instructions to place both formed and flat sheet metal views in one drawing

Most posts on all subjects are incomplete and insufficient to make functions work. I have used other CAD systems that do the same thing, but Creo has the least intuitive user interface. Hence my request for very explicit and complete instructions.

So.... How do you place both flat and formed view of a sheet metal part in one drawing. Only one part number / variant will be stored in Windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:designerauto)

In the drawing, on the layout tab, drawging models icon, add model, select the model with the flat and then select the flat pattern from the dialog that pops up.

At the bottom of the screen, you'll notice the "name" (which refers to the active model) is now the flat pattern. You can add views for the flat now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

How do you have your flat pattern 'stored'?

It needs to be a family table with a formed and flat instances.

Then you can Add Model to your drawing to add the flat instance.

That much I realised was what to do, however, it is not clear how to add a view to the drawing.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:designerauto)

In the drawing, on the layout tab, drawging models icon, add model, select the model with the flat and then select the flat pattern from the dialog that pops up.

At the bottom of the screen, you'll notice the "name" (which refers to the active model) is now the flat pattern. You can add views for the flat now.

Top Tags