cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Excluding Assembly Features in a Sim Rep

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

Excluding Assembly Features in a Sim Rep

I am using CREO 3.0 M090.

Is it possible to exlude, suppress or remove Assembly features (cuts) in a Simp Rep?

I would like to make several Assembly cuts in a panel (CUT-1. CUT-2, CUT-AA, CUT-BB) and then create two simp Reps.

One Simp Rep that shows CUT--1, CUT-2 only and a second Simp Rep that shows CUT-AA and CUT-BB only.

Keep in mind that all of the Assembly cuts are appplied to the same panel.prt.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jforsyth)

No, best as I can know, you can't control assembly features in a simplified reps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II

No, best as I can know, you can't control assembly features in a simplified reps.

jforsyth
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

What a shame.

Thnaks for the reply.

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

I meant thanks

StephenW
23-Emerald II

HAHA, you're welcome and maybe someone else has the magic solution. I know the question has been asked before and I have never seen any other answer.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I agree with @StephenW.  I'm not seeing any way to do this without either creating the features at the part level (and then using both part level and assembly level simplified reps to control their display) or using a family table at the assembly level to turn the assembly cuts on and off.  Part level simplified reps control features.  Assembly level simplified reps control components.

One possible (hokey) solution is to create a parameter to select which assembly cut is active, add a pro-program statement to turn on and off the assembly cuts based on this parameter's value, assembly the panel twice into a new assembly, and then flex the parameter of each assembly to show a different configuration (activate a different cut).  From there you could create a drawing showing both panels at the same time, or if you really wanted, create two assembly level reps (in that assembly) so only one panel is seen at at time.  (Like I said, a bit hokey.)  Yes, this does work. I just tried it.  Unfortunately you still end up with an extra business object (assembly), so it might make more sense to just make the original assembly a family table and be done with it.

jforsyth
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

Thanks to all of the replies.

The suggestions are appreciated.

Unfortunately in our case the panel.prt is a Standard part that cannot be modified by the user to create a Family table.

As I understand that way CREO uses Assembly cuts, the Extrude is in the context of the Assembly.

The user can then identify what components of the assembly will be "cut" by the Extrude.

Since the Extrude is the context of the Assembly, it would be nice if the SIMP Reps of the Assembly had the capability to exclude these extrusions.

In my mind this would be a good enhancement  to CREO to avoid having to create Family Tables or duplicate Parts/Assemblies in order to show different configurations.

Thanks again for the replies.

I will continue to explore the possibilities.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The only other possibility is flexibility. It all depends on what the actual changes are

Top Tags