cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Explode Lines Do Not Show Up on Drawing

jdurston
1-Newbie

Explode Lines Do Not Show Up on Drawing

Hi PTCUSER Users,

I am hoping this is an easy one. I created an explode state in my assembly with explode offset lines. I can't get them to show up in the drawing when I place the view.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I am using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 M110

Thanks in advance.

JD

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

OK, so I saved the explode state in the model, and changed the exploded view to wireframe, and they showed up, then back to "no hidden", and they stuck around.

I am betting saving it worked.

Sorry to bother.

I was under the impression saving the exploded state only saved the relative positions of the exploded components. I thought the dashed lines that showed up as features in the model tree was separate from this.

It is good to hear you resolved the issue. On a side note, sometimes depending on the size of the assembly the line graphics can look awkward at best. For small components, on the order of acentimeter ortwoI found that I had to change my line style to a double dash to get them to show up clearly in the drawing. Otherwise I may only get one dash or a portion of a dash making the line confusing.

Top Tags