cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Exploded View by default when using Snapshoots on drawing

Reoyo
6-Contributor

Exploded View by default when using Snapshoots on drawing

Hi everybody! 

I have been having a problem at the time to use Snapshots (intended to capture several positions of a mechanism). Even I do not know excatly what is creating my issue, let's see if I can make myself understood.

I have an assembly which is also working as a mechanism. The mechanism analysis is starting from an initial position defined by means of a screenshot (let's call it "ScreenShot_1").

Besides, I created a drawing of the assembly, but, in order to avoid variations in the drawing views arising from the mechanism motion, I set all the views in the position "Screenshot_1". [View properties-> View states-> Explode view-> Assembly explode state-> Snapshot_1]

Anyhow, there is one view in the drawing that I want to set in another position (Screenshot_2"), since it is related to the timing of the mechanism respecto to its enviroment.

In that way, I could isolate the drawing from the mechanism motion, since all the views in the drawings are related to a certain position (either "Screenshot_1" or "Screenshot_2").

I created both screenshoots by means of Drag->Snapshot->Toggle for drawing

But the issue comes up when I start to use both Snapshots in the drawing at the same time. Then, the assembly switches automatically to "Explode by default" representation. I am force to disable that "Exploded view" by hand before I can properly see the assembly... And that happens everytime I either do a modification or activate the assembly as the active window.

This issue seems to come up when I start to use both Snapshots in the drawing. When I am using just one there is not any problem....

Does anybody know if there is a way to use both Screenshots and keep the "Explode View" disable by default??

Any piece of help will be welcome!!

Thanks a lot in advance

C.Reoyo

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags