cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Family table driven drawing table question

ptc-187142
1-Newbie

Family table driven drawing table question

I have a drawing table that uses repeat regions to drive the values displayed from an assembly'sfamily table. One column represents a sprocket which the generic is in the assembly and the instance lines in the assembly family table has the sprockets instances called out. The problem I am having is that the sprocket part instances have generic names and not actual part numbers, the actual part numbers come from using the ALTPARTNO parameter therefore what is filling out in my assembly's table are the generic sprocket part names and not the ALTPARTNO's that I need. Does anyone know what/if there's a filter entry for the repeat region that can give me what I'm looking for? Below is the filter I currently have:

&fam.inst.param.name == std_sprocket_12t_4in_pitch
&fam.inst.name == *203SC*
&fam.inst.name != *XX*

Thx, mb

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

In Reply to Matt Bracht:

Matt, If I understand correctly here's my 2 cents.The &fam.inst.name value in the table cell should report the individual instance file names. The &fam.inst.param.name==ALTPARTNO should filter and report the ALTPARTNO values from the family tableinstances.

Regards, Jim

I have a drawing table that uses repeat regions to drive the values displayed from an assembly'sfamily table. One column represents a sprocket which the generic is in the assembly and the instance lines in the assembly family table has the sprockets instances called out. The problem I am having is that the sprocket part instances have generic names and not actual part numbers, the actual part numbers come from using the ALTPARTNO parameter therefore what is filling out in my assembly's table are the generic sprocket part names and not the ALTPARTNO's that I need. Does anyone know what/if there's a filter entry for the repeat region that can give me what I'm looking for? Below is the filter I currently have:

&fam.inst.param.name == std_sprocket_12t_4in_pitch
&fam.inst.name == *203SC*
&fam.inst.name != *XX*

Thx, mb

I need to have a filter line that tells the table which column to look at in the family table, which is what it's doing right now and giving me the instance names, but what I need is a secondary filter that says the value should not be the instance name but the ALTPARTNO value per instance instead. It's frustrating that there's very little information about this type of topic availible from PTC.

Hi Matt.

Does your table cell have both a report parameter and a Repeat Region filter? The table cell reportparameter &fam.inst.param.value will return all parameter values from the family table to the cell if it is not filtered. The Repeat Region Filter &fam.inst.param.name==altpartno should filter to that parameter in the family table.The link below is to a PTC Knowledge Base article.

Regards, Jim

<u>Suggested Technique for Creating a Table of a Family Table Part Without Using a 2D Repeat Region</u>

hi, jim

i had thought of that line addition, when i add that to my filter it blanks the columnout though.

mb

Well, I logged a call with PTC to try to resolve the issue. Unfortunately the best they could come up with was to create a blank column in the assembly's drawing table and then transpose over that blank column a secondary table that was filtered specifically for the individual component's parameter I wanted displayed. This won't work for multiple reasons.

Hi Matt.

Check your Repeat Region. When creating a Simple region for a single cell you have to select the cell then select the same cell a second time to establish the region corners. Each cell must be a seperate region. If the region spans all of the cells then it won't work and you'll get blanks. Each desired reporting column has to be a single simple repeat region.

I created a model and drawing in Wildfire 5 to attach.

Regards, Jim

Top Tags