cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Family table of Sketch-parameter

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone

Family table of Sketch-parameter

Hi,

I've created a sketch in a sub-assembly that contains a line. The line is used to create a pipe using the AFX-module. My goal is to change the length of the pipe in a family table.

In the family-table I don't see the possibility to directly add a column for the sketch-parameter. So I created a new parameter in the sub-assembly named "pipe_height" and used it in the family table. In the sketch I set the length of the line to this parameter. When I verify the table, it says, that everything is good, but when I open the length of the pipe doesn't change. When I change the parameter manually and regenerate the project, the size of the line changes.

There are some other dimensions in the family table that aren't used in sketches and the family table works perfectly for those parameters. I only can't change the parameter in the skech.

Maybe its possible to access the sketch-parameter directy in the family-table ? But it doesn't appear the in the family table -> parameters-list...

Thanks,

Maik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MaikTheBike wrote:

Thanks Martin,

I'm using Creo 6.0.

I can't upload the project, but I have created a simplified Assembly that contains one square-tube that is driven by a sketch. The length of the line is connected to the parameter "Rohr" in the main-assembly. This parameter is driven by the family-table. You can find the assembly in the attatchment.

If you change the parameter "Rohr" manually and regenerate, the length of the tube updates. But if you use the family-table the parameter changes, but the lenth doesn't change.

Thanks,

Maik

Hi,

I uploaded modified files ... see relations in assemblies to understand changes.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

1.] please always tell what Creo version you use

2.] upload your models for testing purposes if it is possible

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

I'm using Creo 6.0.

I can't upload the project, but I have created a simplified Assembly that contains one square-tube that is driven by a sketch. The length of the line is connected to the parameter "Rohr" in the main-assembly. This parameter is driven by the family-table. You can find the assembly in the attatchment.

If you change the parameter "Rohr" manually and regenerate, the length of the tube updates. But if you use the family-table the parameter changes, but the lenth doesn't change.

Thanks,

Maik

@MaikTheBike wrote:

Thanks Martin,

I'm using Creo 6.0.

Thanks,

Maik

Hi,

I uploaded modified files ... see relations in assemblies to understand changes.

Martin Hanák

... after opening 100 instance, you have to do extra regeneration.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

Creo shows me one warning (translated: "One relation can't be fulfilled anymore"), but the warning isn't shown after the regeneration.

But the size of the pipe changes. Very nice. Thanks.

Maybe you can tell me what I did wrong or why my version didn't work ? Its a little bit strange, that the pipe changed its size when I changed the parameter manually without a family-table. 

Thanks a lot,

Maik

Hi,

I guess family table implementation has some limits 😞

If you have a lot of patience you can ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags