cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Family table pattern is intermittent

Mike6
1-Newbie

Family table pattern is intermittent

I have a pattern in a family table the does not work correctly.  The group is shown below in red, but the round does not get pulled through to all the pattern members.  The model below is the generic.

Mike6_1-1591013849629.png

Below is another instance from the family table where the pattern worked for about half of the pattern, then stopped.  

Mike6_2-1591014492074.png

I would appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This appears to be related to the reference geometry not maintaining the references as it clocks around.   Semi-circular geometry also causing some headahces due to that I think.

If you are using edge-rounds - that can be a problem in situations like this.   

Try a Surf-To-Surf round instead.  That should work better for your transitions.

Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This appears to be related to the reference geometry not maintaining the references as it clocks around.   Semi-circular geometry also causing some headahces due to that I think.

If you are using edge-rounds - that can be a problem in situations like this.   

Try a Surf-To-Surf round instead.  That should work better for your transitions.

Dave

David, this worked.  Thanks

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Mike6)

@Mike6 wrote:

I have a pattern in a family table the does not work correctly.  The group is shown below in red, but the round does not get pulled through to all the pattern members.  The model below is the generic.

Mike6_1-1591013849629.png

Below is another instance from the family table where the pattern worked for about half of the pattern, then stopped.  

Mike6_2-1591014492074.png

I would appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks

Hi,

tip: create one-eighth of the rotational geometry and pattern this geometry using Geometry Pattern.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags