Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family tables assembly

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Family tables assembly

Hi everybody,

I want to make an assembly build by family tables, composed by parts build themselves by family table.

But in my assembly's family table, i can chose instance of my part, just Yes or No.

How can I do that, please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Family tables assembly

@ptc-6348687 

If you are looking for replacement of component using family table in assembly family table... select cell for component in assembly Family table > Tools > Replace using > Family Member 

7 REPLIES 7

Where it says yes/no in the table you can also put the name of the instance you want to be used for a particular assembly. Just make sure the name you put in is spelled exactly right - there isn't any error checking. This works for cases where you put the generic in the assembly as well as a different instance, as long as the same features you are using to place the part in the assembly are in all the instances.

Thanks for your answer. it's works !!

Other request, how to include this instances in the list under Y/N ?

@ptc-6348687 

If you are looking for replacement of component using family table in assembly family table... select cell for component in assembly Family table > Tools > Replace using > Family Member 

Hi,

I guess you would like to see the list containing Y, N and list of all component instances. Such functionality is not implemented.

Martin Hanák

Thanks a lot, its a way to do what i want, with a maccro it's really usefull

Many ways to get there... you might consider a Pro/PROGRAM variable and a lookup_inst in your relation to identify which instance to load in to your assembly.... but this is a bit tricky to get working (only works with numbers for the lookup_inst function).  This would also require some inputs in the Pro/PROGRAM to feed the desired values for the lookup_inst function to find the instance for the target model you wanted.

Would be pretty slick if I understand your goal.

Dave

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

I guess you would like to see the list containing Y, N and list of all component instances. Such functionality is not implemented.

@MartinHanak, have you seen the accepted solution? This functionality is implemented :-)