cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Feature Parmeters in Repeat Region (BOM Table)

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Feature Parmeters in Repeat Region (BOM Table)

I may be trying to do something that ProE doesn't support.

I have a BOM table that list the weight of the parts in the assembly. I'd like to get this to report the weight units based on the setting of a parameter in the parts. So one part might report in LBS and another in Ounces, or KG and grams.

I do something similar with the report quantity. We have a parameter in the parts named BOM_QTY_TYPE. It can be set to just a dash or any of several keys. The repeat region relation that controls what is shown in the cell looks like this:
if ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE == "AR" | ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE == "NA"\
| ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE == "ALT" | ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE == "PM"\
| ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE == "EM" | ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE == "ARS"
Qty=ASM_MBR_BOM_QTY_TYPE
ELSE
Qty=rpt_qty
ENDIF

This works flawlessly.

My problem is I'm trying to extend this type of relation to look at a mass property feature in the part and report the weight base on a key parameter in the part.

This is my mass property feature with the feature relations and parameters:
[cid:image001.png@01CDAC7E.979B3340]

I created a parameter at the part level named BOM_MASS_UNITS. I also added this parameter to the assembly so I could show it in the model tree.

My repeat region relations fail like this when I verify them:

if asm_mbr_BOM_MASS_UNITS == "LBM"
error-->Invalid symbol 'asm_mbr_BOM_MASS_UNITS' found.
new_weight=asm_mbr_mass_lbm:FID_MP[.2]
error-->Relation has an error.

Two problems here.

1. How to you tell the repeat region that the parameter exist? I can manually add the parameter to the local parameter section. Is that enough?

2. I want to call out the asm member feature level parameter based on the feature name not the id number. I want this to work for any part.

I can display the weight on a part drawing like this using the feature name.

8. ESTIMATED WEIGHT IS &MASS_LBM:FID_MP[.2] LBS, &MASS_KG:FID_MP[.2] KG, &MASS_GRAM:FID_MP[.2] GRAMS, &MASS_OUNCE:FID_MP[.2] OUNCES.
[cid:image002.png@01CDAC80.20DF2A20]

Any help appreciated because what we are doing now is not flexible and is painful

Currently we are just multiplying to get metric results. A lot of times KG doesn't make any sense for small parts. You would rather display those in grams. This doesn't allow any flexibility in that regard. These are our current relations.

/* RELATIONS FOR BOM IN POUNDS.
/* IMPORTANT NOTE: INCH MODELS MUST BE IN POUNDS
/* AND MM PARTS MUST BE IN KILOGRAMS.
if asm_mbr_units == "INCH" | asm_mbr_units == "inch"
new_weight=asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass
new_density=asm_mbr_pro_mp_density
endif
if asm_mbr_units == "MM" | asm_mbr_units == "mm"
new_weight=asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass*2.204623
new_density=asm_mbr_pro_mp_density*36127.292927
endif

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags