cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

File parameter question

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

File parameter question

Is there a way to change a setting so when I create a part or assembly there is an additional parameter created? Along with the description, we need a reference ID for each part/assembly and It would save a lot of time if I could just type in the data into the tables instead of having to go through each part manually. So when I create a part it has the description, modeled by and my new parameter. Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is it a template you are talking about? In a template you can add any parameter you want your system to use.

If it is a update of an old part/asm you are talking about, try mapkey, model check or reading a relation file with the new parameters.

Helpful or? Need more information...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Is it a template you are talking about? In a template you can add any parameter you want your system to use.

If it is a update of an old part/asm you are talking about, try mapkey, model check or reading a relation file with the new parameters.

Helpful or? Need more information...

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:DareDevil)

Yes, after searching and searching i just figured it out 5 mins before your post. Thank you though.

I recommend you to review my second sentence as well, because when you start using parameters you want do add new once to "old" parts. But I guess you will discover that on your own

Top Tags