cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Repeat Region by Two Conditions

SOLVED

Re: Filter Repeat Region by Two Conditions

Hi Doug,

I have a similar situation, but I need to use an OR condition in my filter. 

I want my BOM to include all assembly members (&rpt.level < 2) OR any sub-component with a custom parameter (&asm.mbr.BOM_DISPLAY == YES)

Do you know how I can accomplish this? Thank you!

Spencer

Please disregard - I was way over-complicating it. I just discovered the Flat/Rec Item button in the repeat region menu. It does exactly what I need. 

This solution is terrible for parameters that are non binary.  Why can't we simply use an "AND" expression for two conditions in a filter?

Allow me to give an example.  If I have a component family that has 5 styles (1,2,3,4,5) and 4 options (A,B,C,D)

Style == (1,2,3,4,5)

Option== (A,B,C,D)

If I want to create a table that filters out a few of them lets say all parts that are style 1 and have option A.   I have to create another parameter "DISPLAY" or whatever and create a complicated conditional relation to set various combinations. 

Display == 1A,    (if style ==1 and option==A) ...

1B 

1C

1D

2A 

2B

etc..

That seems like a ridiculous amount of work just to create a table that filters a table with 2 conditions.

Does anybody know a better way.  This seems like something that would be easy to program with an AND / OR statement in a filter.