cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Filter repeat region for pipe

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Filter repeat region for pipe

Hi,

Using the piping module, I've now got a drawing of one pipe and a repeat region with the whole assembly in order to get the pipe bend machine table information. I then use a filter to only show the information for the pipe that I have on the drawing. So I want to automate this by telling the filter to pick the part number from the drawing and compare it to the assembly in the repeat region and then only show that data.

As an example:

Piping assembly 10000.asm + bend machine table for all 3 pipes

Pipe 10001.prt with parameter NUMBER = 10001

Pipe 10002.prt with parameter NUMBER = 10002

Pipe 10003.prt with parameter NUMBER = 10003

Drawing of pipe 10001.prt includes repeat region of assembly 10000.asm ( due to piping bend machine table info not available in single pipes)

A filter on the table filters for &asm.xxx.pipe_name == 10001 to only show the bend machine data for pipe 10001

I want to not specify 10001 in the filter but rather a reference to the the parameter NUMBER that is in the part in the drawing. If I then make a drawing of pipe 10002.prt and import the saved table (or use it in a template) it will detect that the NUMBER is 10002 and filter that to only show those values.

If I just type [xxx] == NUMBER, the filter will filter the assembly for parts with the pipe_name=NUMBER and &NUMBER gives an error. I seems the filter looks in the assembly, as that is assigned to the table, but how do I make it also "look" at the part in the drawing

I have about 230 drawing to make for this project and more in following project, which is why I want to automate as much as possible.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags