cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Filters in Pro Engineer Tables

HendrikDenner
1-Newbie

Filters in Pro Engineer Tables

Hi On a drawing I can use the parameter "&model_name" to display the current model name in a drawing. I want to use this parameter (which is a std proe drawing parameter) in my table repeat region filter but it wont except it. Any help on how I can get this done. My table pulls in all the parts of the assemly of my drawing and I just want to filter out the main assembly via name, without having to go filter by item. Thanks
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Hendrik The BOM tables I generate use &asm.mbr.name instead of using "&model_name" in the repeat region to show the model name. To filter out a specific model for example an assembly called 123456.asm: Table>Repeat Region>Filters>....(pick the repeat region)...Add> &asm.mbr.name != 123456 Done>Done>Done/Return I hope that helps.

That is all and well if you want to use the table for aspecific drawing with a specific model name only. My idea is that I want to creae a genereic table that I can insert into any of my drawings and that it will filter out the Main Assembly from the table. My BOM tables use &asm.mbr."user defined paremeter that is driven by the relations in the part". I have in the past used a paramter that I created in the parts called "FILTER = "A" and then on my drawing I created a rule on the table to not include anything with the filter = A. but I want to know if there is a better way in doing this. Thanks

"Hendrik Denner" wrote:

Hi On a drawing I can use the parameter "&model_name" to display the current model name in a drawing. I want to use this parameter (which is a std proe drawing parameter) in my table repeat region filter but it wont except it. Any help on how I can get this done. My table pulls in all the parts of the assemly of my drawing and I just want to filter out the main assembly via name, without having to go filter by item.

Thanks for the help. I forgot about the Flat/Recursive function. That solved my problem.
Top Tags