cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Find part in model tree by selecting in viewport?

vu18292
6-Contributor

Find part in model tree by selecting in viewport?

Hello,

Can you select a part in the view port and have the assembly and sub assemblies which contain it expanded in the model tree? This would make it easier to find a part without extra clicks. Especially in large assemblies. From my searches I can only find solutions that don't work for me. I learned about a command called "one" that did exactly this but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. I also saw people using a menu in the viewport by right-clicking on components which had a command called something like "find in model tree" but I don't get this right click menu.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:vu18292)

What release and version of Creo Parametric are you using? Locate in model tree was not available in older releases.

vu18292
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

I'm using Creo Parametric 3.0. I should also add that I'm using an academic student license. Now that I think about it, if the student features are the problem, then I guess this post really belongs in the academic support section.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

As far as I know there is no difference in interface between the Commercial and Academic versions beyond which modules are available.

Where did you find a command called "one"?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I am using Creo 3.

So what does the right click menu look like when you select a component? When I select a component and right click, my right click menu looks like the image below and it expands the sub-assy in the model tree and highlights the selected component in the model tree.

vu18292
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Interesting. I do not have this right click menu. For me, right clicking in the viewport does nothing, even if I specify only parts as selectable. I had no idea until now that this was a feature. Might it somehow be disabled for me?

You need to hold the RMB for a small period of time to trigger the context menu in the viewport.

Single RMB clicks are used for iterating through the possible selection targets under the cursor.

Kevin
10-Marble

There is an Expand Branch that you might be referring to. The Expand commands are not in the ribbon by default so you need to add them if they are still present. The Collapse commands also need to be added if you intend to use those.

Top Tags