cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Flexible Components in Drawing (BOM)

JeffHoracek
1-Newbie

Flexible Components in Drawing (BOM)

Dear fellow Creo Elements/Pro users,

WF4
Windchill 9.1

We use a lot of flexible tubing here. All of our assembly drawings that use this tubing end up in AutoCAD because we can specify the amount of inches a particular tube is in the quantity column of our BOM. Say, for instance, item #3 is a tube that's 4" long, we simply place 4" in the quantity column, Item #4 is also a tube, 8" long, so 8" is placed in the quantity column.

My question is, how to do this in Pro.
I know I can create analysis features, relations to automatically generate a "tube_length" parameter and use that in my BOM. My thinking is going along the lines of when you use bulk items. With bulk items using "asm_mbr_type=="BULK ITEM".
IS there a "asm_mbr_type==FLEXIBLE_ITEM" or similar that is used for flexible components or is this functionality not supported in WF4?

As of right now, my BOM just indicates 2 pieces of tubing in an assembly, what I want (or would like to have) is to have separate lines in the BOM for each and be able to indicate the tube lengths in quantity column.

And to chime in on the Creo importing of non-native data. I'm wondering how useful this is actually going to end up being. My experience is that importing a file from a vendor or supplier is a convenience to me. The supplier/vendor "owns" that part. My ability to change/modify it to suit my needs is useless unless my company wants to make the part ourselves. Just my initial thoughts on this.

Happy Friday

Jeff Horacek
Sr. Designer
[cid:112181012@29102010-333E]
STERIS Corporation
5960 Heisley Rd.
Mentor, OH 44060
(440)392-7721 P
(440)392-8954 F

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags