cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Flexible Spring in Animation

LeeCasey
1-Newbie

Flexible Spring in Animation

Hi, I have a little assembly of a spring being compressed and released. When I drag the rod which compresses the spring and regenerate the spring compresses correctly.

I have made an animation of this but the spring does not compress, it is not dynamic.

Is there a way to achieve this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

OK, so I've figured out that I need to something within mechanism to achieve this.

When I go into mechanism my spring disapears. Does mechanism create springs for you?

Could someone give me a quick crash course?

Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:LeeCasey)

AFAIK you can only animate springs dynamically using Mechanica Motion by running a simulation.

I figured out how to create the spring in mechanica (very nice!) however this is not animated dynamically.

I have never heard of Mechanica Motion. I will look into that. Is this a plugin or something?

Thanks

Constantin
13-Aquamarine

I think in creo it is called Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extension now. Not sure though.

Constantin
13-Aquamarine
Top Tags