cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Getting Cosmetics (Tie Wraps, Markers, Tape) to Show in BOM?

ptc-6003386
1-Newbie

Getting Cosmetics (Tie Wraps, Markers, Tape) to Show in BOM?

In Creo Parametric 2.0 Cabling, how do you get the tie wraps, tape and markers to show up in your BOM table after you've placed them in your routing? I've tried numerous combintations of electrical report parameters, but cannot get these to show up. Also, does anyone know where I can get a list that shows me what the various report parameter abreviations mean? For example: I assume asm... means assembly, harn... means harness etc..., but what do the others mean? Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

To show the cosmetics as component change repeat region attribute: Table > Repeat Region > Attributes > select Cable Info (they will show for example for &asm.mbr.name)

Info on all parameters should be in the PTC/Help, e.g. the page "Report Table Parameters for Assemblies" (which actually shows report table parameters for cabling assemblies). But I agree, it is difficult to get the info. It seems there is no longer a complete list with all parameters, as we had it in older releases. From experience I know:

• dgm = diagram (legacy module)
  • fam = family table (instances and their parameters)
  • lay = layout (parameters)
  • mdl = model (e.g. all parameters in a model)
  • mfg = manufacturing (e.g. sequence information)
  • prs = process (Process for Assembly)
  • rpt = for repeat region itself (e.g. index, quantity or relations)
  • weldasm and material seem to be self-explaining
  • mbr = member (seems to be useful only inside a 2-d region as it refers to one (current) member only)

Hi Shawn,

Hope you are able to show the basic information in BOM for Harness. Can you please help me in below query.

I Have fair understanding of Repeat region in BOM Table creation in Creo.

I need to know the list of parameters like

1) rpt.index

2) asm.mbr.connprm.name etc..

what all the other parameters i need to add in the table to get the list of requirements such as wire size, color, from, to, connector name, wire length, spool name, marking name, part number etc.... I added few parameters as per my knowledge but when i am giving update table the table is going blank.Need your help for this below table.

Thanks,

Syed

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:catipash)

Hello Syed,

the available parameters are categorized when you select them. It will be hard to recommend, which ones you need to select, as this can be different for each user or use case. But I see that you are mixing connector and wire attributes in your examples. Normally they are shown in different tables.

Hence a general hint:

Make sure to have the correct model referenced by the table (cabling assembly or harness...) and do not mix up parameter categories, as they often refer to different models, features or items. Further make sure to have the correct table attributes set (e.g. recursiveness or Cale Info), as also mentioned in my previous post.

These are the usually the causes for empty tables.

The first parameter(s) in the table determine the type of report and not all parameters fit to all types. For example fam parameters are used to show info on family table instances and they cannot be combined with asm.mbr parameters, even if the assembly or some of the components have families.

The rpt parameters are general and do not specify the type.

If you are unsure about the use of parameters, the best approach is to first check with few or even just one parameter, to see whether it is functioning with the model assigned to the table and whether it shows what you expect. If the parameter is generally working, you can combine it with the other parameters to see, whether they can be used together.

Gunter

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:gkoch)

Syed et all

I have created an example assembly with sample drawings and tables. I am hoping you can use these files to investigate how to set everything up. All the parameters i used are listed in the help center http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/electrical_design/harness_related_report_parameters.html

As a side note you might want to take a look at this enhancement http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/3458/harness-manufacturing in Creo 3.0. At a recent customer visit I identified that the time to create a fully documented harness manufacturing drawing was reduced from 1.5 days using Creo 2.0 to just 15 minutes in Creo 3.0. If possible please try and download Creo 3.0, and test the new solution to identify how much time it can save you.

Hi Syed...

If you need to show tables with information from cosmetics, this is also possible. For example you can have a table of all markers listing the marker ID and text for each (if this is something you're interested in).

Jim's example file probably provides more information than you'll ever need on the stock parameters available for cabling tables. Recall that you can also add your own parameters to spools, connectors, and other components if these aren't sufficient.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags