cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Graphic display problem

ptc-4586287
1-Newbie

Graphic display problem

We have recently upgrade to creo parametric (MO70). Buti am facing lot of display problem like i can't open big assemblies, i can't move the assembly,and it will take timefor any component to get selected. This problem is for few of our collegues including me rest all are working fine please help me.

We have done following settings:

1) Upgraded the grphic drivers

2) use_software_opengl (yes)

3) graphics - tried for both win32_gdi and opengl*

still we are facing the same result no improvments please any one guide me to over come this problem

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

did you install M070 as NEW installation into new empty directory -OR- do you upgrade older Mxxx to M070 ?

I suggest to install M070 as NEW installation !

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin, can you explain why you would do that?

Bryant,

clean new installation is the only way how to get reliable installation of PTC software. UPGRADE can (but does not have to) provide reliable installation of PTC software - you never know, what happens...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
kaerts
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4586287)

I never do an upgrade of Creo.

Always a clean installation.

Then there are no problems with a upgrade.

Thanks martin

We fixed this problem by altering the config.pro

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4586287)

"We fixed this problem by altering the config.pro"

What did you change in your config.pro?

Did you update from Wildfire 4.0?

Then the new (since Creo Elements/Pro 5.0) default for the selection filter (All) in combination with preselection highlighting might surprise you by causing a lot of extra work for the graphics with large assemblies/parts, as long as the mouse is hovering over geometry.

If you move the mouse focus away from geometry, it should be back to normal speed. (or if you change to a more moderate filter or switch off preselection highlighting)

Otherwise this is something else.

Top Tags