cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Graphical Performance Large Asemblies

jkramer
9-Granite

Graphical Performance Large Asemblies

I have an enhancement request regarding the graphics performance of large assemblies.

I noticed that the graphics performance of Creo View is way better than the performance of Creo Parametric. This goes for both mouse spinning and spaceball spinning.

While a large assy is loading in Creo, the user sees a 3D preview that is zoomable and spinnable; I suppose that this is a Creo-View-kind-of-lightweight-Viewable embedded in the prt's and asm's.

So, what if Creo would momentary switch to a Creo View-like graphics mode whenever the user touches the spaceball, and switch back to "real" mode if the user lets go of the spaceball? I would expect that this would be fairly easy to implement, because the lightweight data is probably there in memory, and the current camera position is also known. It would dramatically enhance navigation within large assies.

Second request: I've seen that other 3D CAD programs often have a Dice-shaped navigation tool in the corner of the viewport, which makes it easy to get e.g. the Front View of an assy with just one mouse click. Easier and faster than the Reorient menu.

Thanks,

Jaap

2 REPLIES 2

If you have PTC product ideas, create a product idea for people to vote up. Before you create an idea, try to search for existing ideas to vote for instead of creating a duplicate idea. I would vote for the 2nd idea - I believe Autodesk calls it a Viewcube.

Thanks... I did a search on how to do an enhancement request, ad I was linked to this page.

So, another enhancement request will be that PTC directs me to the enhancement request page 🙂

I'll post my request to the product idea page.

All the best, Jaap

Top Tags