cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Graphics glitches with Quadro K4000M - NOT a driver issue?

tyler.smith
1-Newbie

Graphics glitches with Quadro K4000M - NOT a driver issue?

I'm seeing bizarre graphics glitches on a new laptop. In a new start part, the spin center and default coordinate systems have really thick lines. In other completed models, the Pro/E window is almost completed obscured by red lines and blocks when I select a part in an assembly on the model tree.

There were two laptops built at the same time for my department. Mine has the issue, the other does not. I've confirmed that we have the same video driver version and are loading the same configs. I've tried newer and older driver versions to no avail.

Any ideas of what could be causing this graphics issue?

Thanks,

Tyler

Dell Precision M6700

NVIDIA Quadro K4000M (driver version 9.18.13.768)

Pro/E WF5.0 M060

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

No ideas, but man, that's art worth framing!

David Haigh

Hi Tyler,

I've seen exactly the same issue with one of our sister companies.

The culprit turned out to be the webpage which was opened with the config option web_browser_homepage.
The page was created with MS Word and had so much crap in it that it made these strange effects occur. As well in WF4 as in Creo 2.0.
Switching back to the default browser page solved it.

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten
CAD/PLM Manager
Besi Netherlands B.V.
Ratio 6, Duiven
Phone: +31 26 3196215
Mobile: +31 644548554
www.besi.com

To: -
Date: 30-10-2013 14:01
Subject: [proecad] - Graphics glitches with Quadro K4000M - NOT a driver issue?

I'm seeing bizarre graphics glitches on a new laptop. In a new start part, the spin center and default coordinate systems have really thick lines. In other completed models, the Pro/E window is almost completed obscured by red lines and blocks when I select a part in an assembly on the model tree.
There were two laptops built at the same time for my department. Mine has the issue, the other does not. I've confirmed that we have the same video driver version and are loading the same configs. I've tried newer and older driver versions to no avail.
Any ideas of what could be causing this graphics issue?

Thanks,
Tyler
Dell Precision M6700
NVIDIA Quadro K4000M (driver version 9.18.13.768)
Pro/E WF5.0 M060

Attachment Links: graphics glitch.jpg (67 k)
Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

Confidentiality Notice:
This Email, and any attachments, may contain internal or confidential information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly. If this Email has been misdirected...

Olaf's solution worked for me. The offender was our internal corporate homepage.

Adding the personal config option "web_browser_homepage about:blank" fixed the problem; no more graphics glitches! I am sure the corporate homepage is the offender because I can make the glitch re-appear if I load the page later in the session. Interestingly, not all the users with the same hardware and standard configs are able to recreate the issue.

In any case, the fix worked for me and any colleagues who were having the issue. Thanks again, Olaf!

Mike also provided a solution that worked for him: "We had graphics and Pro/E crashing issues with our custom
homepage that were solved using the config:windows_browser_type ie_in_sep_process"

Top Tags