cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

HOW TO SHOW SUB ASSEMBLY WITH SPRING AT FREE LENGTH & IN MAIN ASSEMBLY AT OPERATING LENGTH.

rmore
2-Guest

HOW TO SHOW SUB ASSEMBLY WITH SPRING AT FREE LENGTH & IN MAIN ASSEMBLY AT OPERATING LENGTH.

I have to show one sub assembly in which there are some springs at free length. & i have to use same sub assembly in "MANY ASSEMBLIES" WITH Operating Length ( i.e. with compressed spring length).

So That I made one sub assembly With Free Length of spring ( without applying FLEXIBILITY ).

BUT when i Pulled This Sub assembly in MAIN ASSEMBLY & APPLIED FLEXIBILITY to show Operating length (i.e. COMPRESSED SPRING) At the same time THAT Sub Assembly Changes automatically after giving Flexibility to Spring in main assembly. 

Please Suggest HOW TO SHOW SUB ASSEMBLY WITH SPRING AT FREE LENGTH & IN MAIN ASSEMBLY AT OPERATING LENGTH.

1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:rmore)

If I recall correctly, you can't skip a level with Flexibility. The reason is that it creates a Family table in the assembly that the component is in so that it can substitute the altered item.

If Spring_A is in Sub_Assy_B is in Top_Assy_C then a family table is created for Spring_A in Sub_Assy_B. It can't be created in Top_Assy_C because Spring_A is not in Top_Assy_C.

I think the only way around it is to structure your own family tables for the spring and subassembly or use flexibility to suppress the springs in the subassembly and add replacements in the higher assembly.

Perhaps later versions of Creo handle this better - it was a suggestion I made a long time ago and I think it was never acted on - to add Flexibility only at the component level and have it bubble up through the assembly structure so it could be modified at any assembly level. This would require some other software approach than family tables, a method that's already in place to handle assembly cuts, so I expect that's why it wasn't adopted.

Top Tags