cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Having display problems

ptc-5033944
1-Newbie

Having display problems

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Creo (version M150) on Windows 7.

I have a plate as part of a full assembly that is supposed to have some graphics/labels on the plate. When I open the full assembly, everything is displayed correctly, and I can backup/save the plate itself as a .PRT no problem and reopen the .PRT on its own no problem.

My partner has taken the plate and made some changes to it, but I cannot get his .PRT file to display correctly at all. All I can see is the plate with some blurry, pixelated squares on it. It opens properly on my Partner's computer, and on a 3rd colleague's computer as well.

Is there a display setting in Creo that is missing? We all have the same version of Creo, the required Java updates, same Windows 7...

Please help me, what am I missing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5033944)

Do you have the approved drivers on you computer? Do you have the approved graphics cards? Are you running OpenGL or a specific graphics card?

Yes to all, but unsure about OpenGL/other question. I'm actually having a bit of trouble finding the menu that will tell me that information.

Haven't been able to find any setting differences between my colleagues and I, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

I am assuming the image is a Decal generated from the Appearance Manager. Is it possible that his image file is different than yours?

It may be possible that we have different image files, but shouldn't the correct image file be saved with the .PRT file?

Can someone point me to where to find the image file?

That gets more complicated. The generic answer is yes, it should be the same and it should be stored in the part. But there are occasions when things in memory or your folders can confuse the situation.

Matthew,

if you use textures to color your part then you can try to set the following config.pro option:

SAVE_TEXTURE_WITH_MODEL yes

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Good point, Martin. I had forgotten that I set this option in my config.pro.

Top Tags