cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Hidden parts showing up in drawing table

ptc-5874108
1-Newbie

Hidden parts showing up in drawing table

I have assembly in which i have some hidden parts (saved in hidden layer). When i am making drawing of the assembly, they still shows up in the bom table, but not in bubbles because the part is not on the drawing.

how can i make them disappear from the table to?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You want simplify reps. They allow excluding components without dealing with any failures of children.

Once you create the rep, you have to set the drawing to use it and the repeat region table as well. Setting the drawing makes the views accurate, setting the repeat region makes the table accurate.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

go to repeat region filter, by item, select those parts to remove from table.

Thank you for your answer, but still - it is just half answer. There must be way to do it automatically, right? But how?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5874108)

When you hide a part, it is for visualization only, the component is still there. You do have a few options. You can obviously delete the part or you can suppress the part. These are probably not what you are looking for. I would recommend using simplified representations. It is a "filter" that removes the component, but it is still in the master.

Another option would be to use family tables.

I tried those simpified representations, but it did not worked (mabybe i did something wrong?).

How can i use family tables?
Do you have time to make a little step by step manual? It would be helpfull for more people

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5874108)

Unfortunately no time to create a tutorial but there is plenty of information on the web about it.

Google "creo family table tutorial"

PTC Learning Exchange (free)

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/461/creating-a-family-table

Youtube:

http://youtu.be/AsfW9QvoIHI

You want simplify reps. They allow excluding components without dealing with any failures of children.

Once you create the rep, you have to set the drawing to use it and the repeat region table as well. Setting the drawing makes the views accurate, setting the repeat region makes the table accurate.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Can you please tell me where should i set this up?

Thank you for your time

Top Tags