cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Hide Parts in Assembly

ptc-6834522
1-Newbie

Hide Parts in Assembly

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 18.1

Opening a PKG assembly. Now select part, right-click, but no "hide" or "locate in model tree" command available. Is there a shortcut to hide a selected part?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right click in the Structure Browser and select Drawlist, Remove and then select the model in the view port.

2.jpg

You can also hide anything by unchecking the box in front of the item in the Strucutre Browser.

You can add the remove from drawlist command to a toolbar.

To find something in the browser you can use By Pick... and select the model and it will be highlighted in the Browser.

1.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Right click in the Structure Browser and select Drawlist, Remove and then select the model in the view port.

2.jpg

You can also hide anything by unchecking the box in front of the item in the Strucutre Browser.

You can add the remove from drawlist command to a toolbar.

To find something in the browser you can use By Pick... and select the model and it will be highlighted in the Browser.

1.jpg

Thank you very much!

I added a Drawlist Tab to the Ribbon to help with this situation.

Mike

Drawlist.png

I think PTC should add these command by default to the Utilities group in the ribbon. i do the same as you do

For me, the most being used keys are best kept in the command mini toolbars.

Then you do not have to move the mouse to the the Ribbon.

That really saves time

Scrennshot.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags